Properties worth millions of Naira was destroyed on, Tuesday March 7th as a storey building was burnt in Oredo local government area, Edo state.
Reports gotten from the press states that, the burnt building located along no 83,forestry road in Benin, Edo state was made up of rented apartments at the top floor with different business centres and a generator store under
The fire was said to have started at about 6pm after most shops have closed for the day. The tenants were said to have quickly rushed out,on noticing the fire, thereby preventing injuries.
The fire was being said to be caused by electrical malfunctioning due to power interruption. Several properties were burnt, but nobody was injured or burnt.
A tenant, Sarah Etiben, wept on uncontrollably explaining how she sighted the flames from her place of work, but did not know that it was coming from her house.
Etiben said, “somebody just called me that one house was burning. My work place is not far from my house. When I saw the flame, I thought it was from another place. I cannot really explain whatt happened, my mother and siblings lived in the building, but now i cannot find them now.